Welcome to Genevieve's life!

Welcome to Genevieve's blog! My goal is to post a photo everyday to remember and document just how fast she is growing up. We don't want to miss anything!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Genevieve!!












Happy 1st birthday Genevieve! Well you won't believe it but your birthday started off with rain, yes RAIN! in 88 years only two July's have had any measurable amount of rain, and lucky you, your 1st birthday was one of them! We got a bit behind setting up because of the rain but we got going ok and before you knew it the rain clouds broke, the humidity poured in and the sun was blazing! You had so many people come to help celebrate your birthday, you are one lucky little girl.

The County Fair theme was a hit and Daddy did a great job BBQing 100 hot Dogs! Uncle Scott helped Daddy get them all wrapped up, while Lori helped helped me finish all the decorations. You had over 40 people come through to wish you a happy birthday. You were not interested in all with your cake. I don't know if it was because you were hot, tired or both, but you didn't care that there was a cake there. You didn't want to touch it or eat it. Later that night I gave you a cupcake and you were a bit more interested in it then.

Once people started to leave a bit I got you in the pool in your new floatiee Judy and Adam got you. You cried (like always) but once you settled in you only gave off a whimper now and then. About 5:30 I took you home and you knocked out. A 3 hour nap and you were as good as new. It was perfect because it gave Mommy and Daddy time to put things away from your party. I wish I had more photos of the party but I was running around like crazy to get everything done. Enjoy the ones I was able to get Genevieve!


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it has been a year since your were born. You have grown and changed so much. I love watching you each week and seeing all the new things you are learning and doing. All too soon it will be your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th birthday. I don't want to miss a minute of it.
    Grandma Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genevieve,
    Your Birthday was so much fun. Everyone worked hard to make it special. Gwyneth loved seeing all your pictures of your first year. My favorite was you below the statue of Liberty. You are growing fast and you are so smart. I know you are going to grow up to be a smart, beautiful young lady.I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete