Welcome to Genevieve's life!

Welcome to Genevieve's blog! My goal is to post a photo everyday to remember and document just how fast she is growing up. We don't want to miss anything!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Santa Cruz, Day 4






It was time to come home! We left Santa Cruz early and made a stop at Mission Santa Cruz to grab a photo in front. As soon as we got on the freeway, you threw up all over yourself and your car seat. Of course at the same time, the next off ramp is closed (see reason 2 for why), there is a car on fire and a dead deer on the road. I finally manage to get off, strip you down to undies in the parking lot of some diner and then you have to pee, because it is 58 degrees outside and you are naked. Lucky for me I have a portable potty in my trunk. Also lucky for me, I had brought your second car seat with us, so when we took Gina's car I didn't have to move mine. I put all your clothes in a plastic bag, switch out your car seats, dump your potty and we are back on the road. Lucky for me (and you!) it was just a one time thing, the cinnamon roll you ate hadn't sat well with you.

Ok, so rough start but we are on the road. Next up is Mission San Antonio de Padua. Talk about off the beaten path. This was for sure a one shot deal on getting here so we explored as much until I got enough to last a lifetime full. It was my last mission though, woo hoo! Mommy has now visited all of them, I saved the hardest to get to for last. Next up the drive down to Santa Maria to visit Aunt Marianne. We stopped at the Madonna Inn to use the bathroom and got into Santa Maria just in time for lunch. We visited for a bit but then it was back on the road to fight traffic on the 101 from Santa Barbara to LA. We made it home, Daddy was so happy to see us! Mommy was so happy to not drive anymore! Genevieve was happy to be out of the car! Overall you were wonderful Genevieve, even handled throwing up like a champ. Thank you for being so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment