Welcome to Genevieve's life!

Welcome to Genevieve's blog! My goal is to post a photo everyday to remember and document just how fast she is growing up. We don't want to miss anything!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Santa Cruz, Day 1






6am is an early start, but the best thing is that you fall asleep once in the car and will sleep till 8:30/9. Makes the car trip go so much faster. We stopped in a city called Buttonwillow who just happened to have a fantastic park off the main road. We were the only ones there and we played for a half hour or so before getting back on the road. Much better then a fast food stop to stretch our legs!

Next up was Mission San Miguel Arcangel. Talk about right off the freeway! This may be the easiest Mission to get to of them all. When we were there we met two ladies who were on a 21 day road trip to see the 21 missions and planned on staying to paint all day. I thought I was doing good with my goal to see them all, these ladies had me beat! After a lunch stop that didn't go quite as planned, but we ate none the less, we got to Mission Nuesta Senora de la Soledad. A small but pretty Mission that was completely rebuilt.

After threatening Gina that I was going to get into Santa Cruz before her, despite her leaving 24 hours ahead of me, she managed to beat me by a half hour. After an eventful hotel check in, we settled in and I had dinner at my favorite place in downtown Santa Cruz, Chocolate. We even found a Sleeping Beauty dress for you at thrift store.

No comments:

Post a Comment