Welcome to Genevieve's life!

Welcome to Genevieve's blog! My goal is to post a photo everyday to remember and document just how fast she is growing up. We don't want to miss anything!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Letter to Genevieve from the Heart


A letter to my daughter on her 1st Christmas.... 

Dear Genevieve, 

Your very first Christmas baby girl! You have been such a beautiful gift to both Daddy and me. What a good baby you are! I think back on my pregnancy journey and feel so blessed to have had such a wonderful experience. I enjoyed every minute of it; taking great responsibility in making sure I did everything I could to make you a happy and healthy little baby. 

This Christmas and holiday season are special because they are your first but each year will be special as well because you will be a different person, defined by your personality and life experiences. The wonder and beauty of the holiday season is not lost on young children. As we get older we get more jaded, I wish I could capture the beauty of pure excitement and happiness children bring to the holiday season. I can’t wait to see you so excited that Santa is coming, to watch you shake your gifts, experience the joy you get when you create and give gifts from your heart to someone. 

You are so special to me Genevieve. So often when I hold you I just wish time would stop and could freeze us in that moment. Everything is so perfect when I hold you, your little body warm next to mine, right now I am everything you need and I know very soon you will need more than that. Soon you will be eating solid foods, crawling and even walking. It is hard to describe the feeling I have when my heart seems so full with love for you. You look up at me with your big brown eyes and snuggle your head against my chest, it is truly an emotion that I have a hard time expressing. I know one day (long long long time from now) when you have your own children you will have the same feeling. 

Your Daddy and I love you so much. You have nowhere to go but up in life. I promise you I will always do my best to provide the best life possible for you. I love you, I love you, I love you little Miss Genevieve Tessie Lara and always will. Happy holidays to my beautiful baby girl, I love you…

Love always, 
Mommy 

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful sentiment. It makes me want to cry it is so sweet. I am so happy that my little girl has a little girl of her own so she knows how I felt as she was growing up.

    ReplyDelete