Welcome to Genevieve's life!

Welcome to Genevieve's blog! My goal is to post a photo everyday to remember and document just how fast she is growing up. We don't want to miss anything!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Nursing goals almost met




As your 2nd birthday approaches I can 't help be proud of myself for keeping my goal of nursing for 2 years. Considering it is the minimum recommendation from World Health Organization it doesn't seem like it should be a big one but less then 8% of woman are still breastfeeding at 2 years. For me, it is my best parenting tool, it keeps you quiet, puts you to sleep, cures ouches and provides cuddle time. I really don't know what I would do without it!  I love this quote, because I won't know what the last time is, so I try to savor every nursing session we have as it may be our last...

I do not know the moment that you will stop nursing. I do not know the moment that you will stop comforting yourself to sleep with the closeness of me. I do not know the moment that you will move off and be fully independent with a life of your own creation. I know that you will do each of these things when it is time for you to do them. And I know that I will smile with pride at your independence even if I want to hold on a little longer. - Sarah on Nurshable

No comments:

Post a Comment